Welcome to the Catnip Society
Catnip Society is now signed up with Amazon Smile!
Shoppers who use the link below will see a half percent
go to Catnip with no extra cost to you.
Click, shop, and smile -- You're helping the cats!
Catnip Society is excited to announce that we have been accepted as a Petsmart Adoption Partner and will be holding adoption events at the Merced store on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Saturdays of each month from 11am to 2pm.
Catnip Society Neuter Clinics
Catnip Society Neuter Clinics are held on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month in Mariposa. $25.00 includes Rabies vaccine for owned cats, ferals are done free and will be ear tipped. Call 209-966-4780 to sign up your male cats.
Sunflower and Ginger
Sunflower and Ginger need to be adopted together or to a home with another young kitty. If someone would adopt them together it would be a wonderful pairing as they are darling together. They are 9 month old, spayed and current on vaccines. We are offering a special adoption fee of $50.00 for a pair. That's two for the price of one.
Call 209-742-1023 for more information.
Our Mission Statement
The Catnip Society is a group of private citizens, assisting cats and kittens in California's Central Sierra Mountain Communities. We are a non-profit organization and our goal is to help people solve their cat problems by employing Trap/Neuter/Return programs and encouraging spay/neuter for feral and domestic cats. We have a limited amount of funds and are all volunteers.
The Catnip Society does NOT have an animal sanctuary; however, we will assist you in a limited way to find homes for your pets.
Click here to read Catnip News
|REASONS TO ADOPT A CAT
- Having a cat reduces your blood pressure and helps prevent heart disease
- Having a cat's companionship fights depression and loneliness
- Cats are entertaining to watch and fun to play with
- Cats will cuddle up with you on a cold evening
- Cats are independent and can be left alone while you're at work, although two are better
- A cat's mere presence will ward off unwanted mice and pests
- Cats are comfortable in small spaces like apartments
- Cats are very clean; they bathe themselves!
- A cat's purr is instantly calming and relaxing
- Cats are affectionate
- Just 15 minutes a day of playing with you will satisfy a cat
- Cats are easy to house train, especially adult cats, who are probably already house trained
- Cats bring a little bit of the wild into your house
- Indoor cats and spayed/neutered cats live long lives, providing up to 20 years of companionship
- Cats are cheaper to spay/neuter than dogs, especially big dogs
- Helping to take care of a cat can help teach a child responsibility and humane values
- Lots of cats need good homes; when you adopt one, you're saving a life